Wednesday 2 September 2009

Again, it has been months since I updated this page. 
In April, we had a stall at the local "attic-sale" (vide-grenier) and managed to raise over 300 euros by selling books, toys, clothes and household things. We will also have a stall at the next sale on September 6. I have been collecting items to sell there and am hoping for pleasant weather and a good sale.

It is currently raining very heavily in Dakar and I suppose the whole quartier is suffering from the heat, the water, the mosquitoes etc. During the rainy season, there are also malaria outbreaks.

My husband left for Dakar on Monday and took along a whole suitcase of donations (art supplies, ball pens, clothes, sheets, blankets...). I wish I knew more people who travel from Toulouse to Dakar on a regular basis, in order to send along more donations. The things we don't use anymore here are indeed very valued somewhere else.

Wish me luck for Sunday's sale!

No comments: